Passing vector number (was Re: API modification request)

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Feb 4 13:39:23 UTC 2003

Sergei Organov wrote:
> Valette Eric <eric.valette at free.fr> writes:
> [...]
>
>>I would tend to agree with Till : my personnal feeling is that the vector
>>itself is useless so I would vote for either a void* or nothing (sorry
>>joel).
>

> Vector itself *is* sometimes useful. I've recently wrote code for MPC8260
> where every of SCC1...SCC4 controllers generates its own vector and it is
> useful in this case. However, void* (or rtems_isr_arg_t) is more general
> anyway so I'd vote for it.

Sure. What I mean is that the vector is used to find something else like
private data for each device in general. In that sense, the vector is
not as usefull as a void*. Besides, looking at the code when I changed
the irq API, nobody was actually using this vector...

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr