ISR Argument Proposal Request

Tue Feb 4 14:53:00 UTC 2003

Till,

I think that we are all as much in agreement over this as we
will ever be.  Let's see if I can summarize and request that
you write up the API changes with a list of "key" area to
change.

Some issues that must be resolved:

 + should rtems_interrupt_catch be backward compatable and
   this functionality have a new entry point?  I lean to yes.
 + should this feature be optional and conditionally compiled?

The development plan needs to have volunteers for each of
the following:

  + generic change from table of handlers to table of
    handlers/arguments
  + each port's irq handling
  + API changes to original interrupt API, ppc, x86, and ARM
  + documentation changes
  + any work break down I am missing?

  NOTE: When you change a port, I would consider that to include
  getting all the BSPs modified.  Everything should still build.
  I regularly build all BSPs so this is somethign I can provide
  feedback on.

We can't start this until we are confident all
the ports will get updated.