Automatic Re-Building of BSP

Don donp_news at glasscity.net
Wed Feb 5 19:31:01 UTC 2003

Per page 31 of the Getting Started guide for ss-20021007 (which was in
the "cd-version directory" release of rtems-ss-2002118) I built BSPs
using the following commands:

mkdir build-rtems
cd build-rtems
../rtems-ss-20021118/configure --target=powerpc_rtems \
  --disbale-posix --disable-cxx --enable-maintainer-mode \
  --enable-rtemsbsp="psim ppcn_60x" --prefix=/opt/rtems
make all install

With this, I successfully ran the "hello world" example on a PPC2A.
Trying to move on to bigger and better things, I found the bsp.h needed
tailoring.  Some PPC2A registers are not explicitly defined in the
ppcn_60x BSP.  After making the changes and trying to make my "hello
world pluss flash LEDs", I got compile errors indicative of the bsp.h
changes not being included.

The way I understood things, enabling maintainer mode (--enable-
maintainer-mode) caused any required files to be updated when a make of
the user code is performed.  Obviously, I am off base on this notion!

In tweaking the BSP, do I need to rebuild it using the "verbose"
approach shown above?  Did I miss something with --enable-maintainer-
mode?  Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Don

www.dynamic-controls-inc.com