RTEMS sucessfully ported to MetroWerks CodeWarrior

Dieter Schaefer CW-RTEMS at Schaefer-Comtronic.de
Wed Feb 5 22:10:28 UTC 2003

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 07:53:58PM +0100, Dieter Schaefer wrote:
> > Schaefer-Comtronic is proud to announce that RTEMS has been
> > successfully ported to MetroWerks CodeWarrior Development Studio for
> > PowerPC hosted on Windows.
>
> what were the general modifications required to RTEMS source?  will
> these changes make it back into the official RTEMS source tree?
Right now we are in the middle of moving our modifications back to the GNU version in order to make a more
detailed comparison on size and speed.
So far, sizes of our testprogramms are significantly less and performance seems to be about the same - at
least not worse. Again, it needs more detailed investigations.
Testprogramms (for example) include Telnet, FTP,WebServer (all from the RTEMS source tree) our home-
brewed CAN driver and some high speed serial data transmission parts. (up to 30Mbit/s on a MPC860 with
80MHz)
Of course, some time, modifications could go back to the official source tree - if OAR and the RTEMS
community is interested.
But first of all, we want to make sure that everything is working in both environments.

> --
>   Aaron J. Grier  |   Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR   |  aaron at frye.com

wkr
Dieter B. Schaefer

Dieter B. Schaefer
- Managing Director -

Schaefer Comtronic GmbH
Am Heidenstock 3
64807 Dieburg

Tel: +49 6071 980002
Fax: +49 6071 23071
Email: Dieter.Schaefer at Schaefer-Comtronic.de