DOSFS Partition Table

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Feb 6 16:02:37 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 13:40, Wolfram Wadepohl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we ran in some trouble with the dosfs and the patition table. the new
> sandisk ata cards are pretty preformatted and work well until you have
> the need to reformat. with a simple format under windows 2000 the w2k
> desktop is quite happy, but the filesystem cannot be mounted under
> rtems/dosfs.
>
> unfortunately we cannot readout the partition tables from pccards,
> neither with w98 nor nt/w2k. partition magic supports only BIOS hard
> disks not card service devices.
>
> there are the following questions:
>
> a) what partition has to be created on the ata card (i think primary dos
> fat16)?
> b) what creates a w2k format from disk maintenance / explorer? does it
> change the partition table? does it create one if damaged or even not
> there? c) how to initialize pccard correctly for use by dosfs?

We also had the same problems. After a lot of suffering, the most comfortable
solving was to buy the TrueIDE drive (we got it from www.magicram.com, but
there are several others too), which makes Sandisk Flash ATA cards (and
others) to be seen by PC as an ordinary HD. It costs about $90.

Good Luck...
--
leonp at plris dot com