RTEMS sucessfully ported to MetroWerks CodeWarrior

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Feb 7 05:01:33 UTC 2003

Am Don, 2003-02-06 um 23.54 schrieb Dieter Schaefer:
> first I have to apologize for my late reply - yesterday evening it was just too late and today I was out of the
> office.
> >

> > You are encouraged to submit any modifications to the RTEMS source.
> > Please make it easy to review and merge by breaking it into discrete
> > parts as much as is possible.  For example, the last time someone
> > had RTEMS compiling under the Metrowerks toolset, there were some
> > uses of GNU compiler extensions that had to be removed.

> * "sloppy programming": add function prototypes,
I don't know about the code base of RTEMS you "harvested", but there had
been quite some amount of work related to fixing this in recent months.

>  add proper type-casts, correct wrong type-cast ....
The same applies here, but ...

... many still have not yet been caught, e.g. libmisc/network-drivers
and a general confusion wrt. "sized types" (at least 3 or more
concurrent "sized-types systems"(BSD, POSIX, RTEMS, and various local
hacks), coming to my mind.

... now you know why I will continue to insist on "strictly named
types".

Ralf