Re-Building RTEMS Fails

Don donp_news at glasscity.net
Fri Feb 7 19:08:08 UTC 2003

> Don wrote:
> >
> > In trying to rebuild my BSP for the PPC2A, I have run into a problem
> > rebuilding RTMES.  It gets about halfway through the build and dies:
> >

> > checking for powerpc-rtems-gcc... no
> > configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
> > configure: error: /bin/sh '../../../../rtems-ss-
> > 20021118/c/make/configure' failed for c/make
> > sed: can't read confdefs.h: No such file or directory
> > [root at acuserver build-rtems]#
>
> The problem is pretty specifically pointed out.  You do not
> have powerpc-rtems-gcc in your PATH.  Do an echo $PATH
> and see if /opt/rtems/bin is in it.

Well, it was actually in the PATH twice!  Deleted one instance and ran
it again with no luck.  However, being in the PATH assumes
that /opt/rtems/bin exists.  Turns out that /opt is empty!  I may have
inadvertantly deleted it in my rompings through the system :o

This probably explains my RPM problem too, huh?  Arrrrgh! :(

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Don