RTEMS Event Receive Issue

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 7 23:19:22 UTC 2003

Mike Siers wrote:

>Hi,
>Is it the resposibility of the calling task to clear
>the event output variable before calling the function
>rtems_event_receive()?  I do not see any code that
>resets the output value.  So if I call the function
>with a timeout and there are no events, my output
>value will be the same as the last time.

When you say output variable do you mean that the event flags?
I think the event status should not be changed by an unsuccesful call to

rtems_event_receive

Or do you mean that the event set should be cleared before waiting for
the event?

Either way, I don't belive it should be a part of the event mechanism
because an event might be set by an ISR before waiting for the event.
If I was to go into a wait event, I would want it to return if the event
was received before I waited for it.

>So can we add code to clear the output value?  If not,
>then there is a bug in the network task since the
>output event flag is not being cleared.
>

>Any thoughts?

If you require the event to be cleard before waiting for it, I belive
that it should be done in the task / driver -- not the event.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303