"New" vs. "Old" Style Interrupts

Mon Feb 10 22:35:11 UTC 2003

This is a positive comment.  I assume it means you now have ticker
working. :)

Don wrote:

> Is there a document or references which describe the differences
> between "old style" RTEMS interrupts and "new style" ones?  My
> understanding is that the ppcn_60x BSP uses the old style.  I am
> looking at potentially using the Tundra Universe functions (in
> libbsp\shared\vmeUniverse; by Till Straumann), and a note in the code
> says that the vmeUniverse requires new style interrupts.

Unfortunately, there isn't any. :(  I suspect that the best thing to
do it start with another BSP such as motorola_shared and dissect it
and apply similar changes to the ppcn_60x BSP.

There are people on the list who have done this to other BSPs. Hopefully
one of them has notes or guidance.

Also be warned that the ppcn_60x BSP is the ONLY RTEMS BSP in or out of
the tree with a driver for the KA9Q TCP/IP network stack.  That driver
needs to be reworked/replaced to work with the BSD stack.  RTEMS used
that stack for a short period of time a few years ago and unfortunately,
this BSP got stuck as the only one never upgraded.