Powerpc IRQ handling breaks strict EABI compliance

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Mon Feb 10 23:34:06 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Valette Eric wrote:
>
>>Till Straumann wrote:
>>
>>>OK, I fixed the motorola/shared BSP to not clobber R2/R13 anymore.
>>
>>Thanks a lot.
>>

>>>However, the question remains:
>>>
>>> - who is responsible for the setup (calling __eabi()) ?
>>>   RTEMS or application code?
>>

> I just looked at gcc/config/rs6000/eabi.asm and I can't figure out why
> I would want to run it. :)  What is it doing anyway?

Well - for sure, it sets up R2 and R13.

I guess the answer to my question is that is is the application's
responsibility to call 'main()' (who ends up calling __eabi()) very
much like when you want to have C++ static Ctors called...

-- Till.