Multiple dec21140 cards?

Till Straumann strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 14 21:08:18 UTC 2003

That's a piece of cake - the driver is reentrant.

  1) increase NDECDRIVER
  2) enhance the 'driver_attach()' routine to support
     multiple instances:
       a) extract instance number from the configuration
          using rtems_bsdnet_parse_driver_name()
          a la libchip/if_fxp.c
       b) change the call to pcib_find_by_devid (as a courtesy
          to x86 users) using the instance number (minus one)
       c) on __PPC, eliminate the PCI scanning loops and
          replace them with a call to BSP_pciFindDevice()
          who also takes a 'instance' argument (use your
          instance number minus one)
  3) modify the ISR so it figures out what device to serve

  4) submit your modifications :-)

HTH

-- Till