Relating rtems_symbolic_irq_name to vector number

till strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 20 16:50:21 UTC 2003

Yeah, it's confusing. Look in "c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/shared/irq/irq.h"
If I remember right (am currently at home), The 16 ISA interrupts are first,
then come the OpenPIC interrupts.

You'd have to know which PCI interrupt the chip is using and how your
board routs that IRQ to the OpenPIC. Let's say it uses IRQA and that's
hooked to IRQ8 at the OpenPIC. The correct name would then be

8 + BSP_PCI_IRQ_LOWEST_OFFSET

OTOH, if the PCI configuration registers are set up correctly by the
firmware, you should be able to just read the INTERRUPT_LINE
register from PCI configuration space.

The RTEMS/ppc/shared BSP uses a 1:1 mapping between interrupt
line and 'name'.

HTH
-- Till