The eCos, QNX, ChorusOs irq handling API

Fri Feb 21 13:29:44 UTC 2003

Chris Johns wrote:

> till wrote:
>
> > On the point of driver unloding: I absolutely agree with Sergei on that
> > this is NOT the job of irqOff.
>
> I think this is covered in PR127. IMO driver resources should be handled via the
> unregister and/or close calls.

This is the better way I think.  I would expect to possibly see device
driver
resources allocated and freed in the following pairings:

  + driver initialize and unregister
  + open and close
  + interrupt installation and removal

IMO those are the naturally symmetrical places to do it.