Building Tools

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Feb 25 07:23:17 UTC 2003

Am Die, 2003-02-25 um 07.01 schrieb Angelo Fraietta:
> Do I have to download any patches to build the latest tools for a
> pc386dx target ?
Yes.

>  (I am doing with OSX as the host now).
There are better choices than using OSX for RTEMS and for GNU software
in general ;)

> I have downloaded the following:
> binutils-2.13.2.1.tar.bz2
> gcc-3.2.1.tar.gz and
> newlib-1.11.0.tar.GZ
The versions of the set of patches required for particular version of
RTEMS can be found hidden inside of the file scripts/setup.def in
RTEMS's source tree.

The actual diffs/patches should be available somewhere on
ftp.oarcorp.com

If rpm is available for OSX or have access to another machine with rpm,
I'd recommend to download the *.nosrc.rpm and unpackage them instead
(the nosrc.rpms contain all required patches, but do not contain the
main tarballs).

Ralf