Building Tools

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Tue Feb 25 14:34:35 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Well, theoretically, OSX should work fine, however I know about one
> major issue with OSX that breaks autoconf-generated configure-scripts at
> various places.
>
> It's them shipping a broken version of zsh-3.* as system /bin/sh.
> Replacing this zsh with a zsh-4.* is reported to remedy this issue.

The latest releases of OS X use bash as /bin/sh so this problem no
longer exists.  I have no problems building any of the GNU toolchain or
RTEMS on OS X.  For some examples on how to do this, see the
'Infrastructure - Tools and Operating System' section of a tutorial I
wrote on using EPICS with RTEMS.  The document is at:
http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/modules/base/RTEMS/tutorial/

Eric Norum                                 norume at aps.anl.gov
Advanced Photon Source                     Phone: (630) 252-2793
Argonne National Laboratory