CD-Working replaced

Thu Feb 27 17:15:49 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Don, 2003-02-27 um 17.03 schrieb Joel Sherrill:
> > Jack Cawkwell wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmm, I will have to find some more disk space and more download time!

> > If someone has suggestions about breaking it into multiple CDs, I
> > am up for putting it in multiple directories.
> The target libs could be shared among the different hosts ...

Correct me if I am wrong but the RPMs aren't packaged that way
now.  Right?

It looks to be a lot of storage on the site.  My rough shot at
du -s -k /opt/rtems/*/lib shows about 500Mb and the i386-rtems
doesn't appear to be installed.  That's not compressed though
so actually mileage may vary.

Say 4x compression and it is still ~125 Mb and that's optimistic.
If that's the case, then sharing the target libraries might make sense.

But it would have to be in RPM and tar form since RPM is the
primary format and other hosts get tarballs.  So we get it down
to RPM and 1 tar image.  That says one set on the CDs but allows
other hosts.