Passing vector number (was Re: API modification request)

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Tue Feb 4 14:25:18 UTC 2003

Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr> writes:
> Sergei Organov wrote:
>
> > Please keep in mind that unfortunately you don't see all the code. There
> > could be proprietary code that relies on features you change...
>
> Using such argument, you will never change anything.

No. It only implies that one should better think "I better don't change this
unless I have valuable reasons to" instead of "Why don't change this if
nobody seems to use it anyway?".

> I think on the contrary that people not submitting their code/improvement
> should be biten as hard as possible so that next time they submit (at least
> part of) their code :-)

1. There is very small reason to submit a code if it will only run on a
   proprietary hardware that nobody can get anyway.
2. Company policy may prevent submission. Most probably poor programmer bitten
   by you hadn't established the policy :-(

BR,
Sergei.