RTEMS sucessfully ported to MetroWerks CodeWarrior

Wed Feb 5 19:36:11 UTC 2003

Dieter Schaefer wrote:

> Schaefer-Comtronic is proud to announce that RTEMS has been successfully ported to
> MetroWerks CodeWarrior Development Studio for PowerPC hosted on Windows.
>
> At present, this port is available for the TQM860L family of modules.
> It supports
> * MPC860 with 50MHz and 80MHz
> * 64MByte SDRAM and 8MByte Flash
> * SMC1 + SMC2 for Terminal/Console I/O
> * Ethernet on SCC1 and FEC
> * Telnet-Server, FTP-Server and WebServer

Are these the ones in the RTEMS source?

> * CAN-Controller (Intel 82527)

This sounds new unless it is based upon the one in the eth_comm BSP.
Ideally this would end up in libchip/canbus so there is a prayer of
using it on other CPU families and boards.

> TQM860L modules are produced by TQ-Components. (www.tqc.de)
>
> If you have questions concerning this port or the TQM860L Modules, don't hesitate to contact us.

You are encouraged to submit any modifications to the RTEMS source.
Please make it easy to review and merge by breaking it into discrete
parts as much as is possible.  For example, the last time someone
had RTEMS compiling under the Metrowerks toolset, there were some
uses of GNU compiler extensions that had to be removed.

> Ports for other targets are planned or already under development.
> In particular boards based on MPC555, MPC565, MPC8260 and ColdFire processors.

Cool.  We would be happy to take any improvements.