pending release issues

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 16:14:46 UTC 2003

Ilya Alexeev wrote:
> Hello Joel,
>
> I have the small patch for the m68360.h
> It fixes the typo in MC68360UM (page 7-248)
>

> *** orig-m68360.h       Fri Feb 19 23:35:40 1999
> --- m68360.h    Thu Feb  6 18:26:51 2003
> ***************
> *** 263,271 ****
>                         unsigned short          iaddr3;
>                         unsigned short          iaddr4;
>                         unsigned short          _boff_cnt;
> -                       unsigned short          taddr_l;
> -                       unsigned short          taddr_m;
>                         unsigned short          taddr_h;
>                 } ethernet;
>                 struct {
>                         unsigned long           crc_p;
> --- 263,271 ----
>                         unsigned short          iaddr3;
>                         unsigned short          iaddr4;
>                         unsigned short          _boff_cnt;
>                         unsigned short          taddr_h;
> +                       unsigned short          taddr_m;
> +                       unsigned short          taddr_l;
>                 } ethernet;
>                 struct {
>                         unsigned long           crc_p;

What a mess.

The M68360UM (Table 7-11, page 2-248) has:
SCC Base + 9E    TADDR1_L     Word     Temp Address 1 (LSB)
SCC Base + A0    TADDR1_M     Word     Temp Address 1
SCC Base + A2    TADDR1_H     Word     Temp Address 1 (MSB)

The November 1, 1995 Errata has:
SCC Base + 9E    TADDR1_H     Word     Temp Address 1 (LSB)
SCC Base + A0    TADDR1_M     Word     Temp Address 1
SCC Base + A2    TADDR1_L     Word     Temp Address 1 (MSB)

Notice how they changed the order of _H and _L, but didn't change the
MSB/LSB comment? !!!

I'm inclined to agree with the patch, though, since that's the order of
the Physical Address 1 entry begining at SCC Base + 72.

Eric Norum                                 norume at aps.anl.gov
Advanced Photon Source                     Phone: (630) 252-2793
Argonne National Laboratory