RTEMS sucessfully ported to MetroWerks CodeWarrior

Fri Feb 7 13:53:22 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Don, 2003-02-06 um 23.54 schrieb Dieter Schaefer:
> > first I have to apologize for my late reply - yesterday evening it was just too late and today I was out of the
> > office.
> > >

> > > You are encouraged to submit any modifications to the RTEMS source.
> > > Please make it easy to review and merge by breaking it into discrete
> > > parts as much as is possible.  For example, the last time someone
> > > had RTEMS compiling under the Metrowerks toolset, there were some
> > > uses of GNU compiler extensions that had to be removed.
>
> > * "sloppy programming": add function prototypes,
> I don't know about the code base of RTEMS you "harvested", but there had
> been quite some amount of work related to fixing this in recent months.
>
> >  add proper type-casts, correct wrong type-cast ....
> The same applies here, but ...
>
> ... many still have not yet been caught, e.g. libmisc/network-drivers
> and a general confusion wrt. "sized types" (at least 3 or more
> concurrent "sized-types systems"(BSD, POSIX, RTEMS, and various local
> hacks), coming to my mind.

Ralf's right here.  There have been at least two major efforts in this
regard.  One to unify the definitions of types so the types files from
the BSD TCP/IP stack in RTEMS aren't needed and don't cause quite as
much trouble.  And another to eliminate as many warnings as possible
on all platforms.  The hardest was the Hitachi H8 which is 16 bits and
nearly all are gone there.

So depending upon your source base, the situation could be better.
But nothing would surprise me.