Re-Building RTEMS Fails

Don donp_news at glasscity.net
Sat Feb 8 18:52:36 UTC 2003

Ahhhhh.  Amazing what happens when you correctly build RTEMS once you
configure it!  My RTEMS database still appears to be hosed, and no
matter of rebuilds, inits, etc have fixed it.  But the tools do appear
to be installed correctly.

So, now back to bsp modifications.

Thanks to all who have provided help and those who put up with my
clearly newbie questions!

Don

Well, I finally beat rpm into submission, or maybe it let me win.  At
least we reached an understanding that allowed me to re-install the
tool RPMs.  The general RTEMS build process now appears to run okay.

However, the BSPs do not seem to be constructed as the BSP support
folders (psim or ppcn_60x) not appearing in /opt/rtems/powerpc-rtems.
I have tried:
    --enable-rtemsbsp="ppcn_60x"
    --enable-rtemsbsp="psim ppcn_60x"
    --enable-rtemsbsp="psim"
with no luck.  (The BSP _is_ suppose to appear in /opt/rtems/powerpc-
rtems isn't it?)  Since I am trying to rebuild, and given my
missing /opt/rtems, is there something somewhere which is indicating to
the build process that the BSPs are there when they are not?

Maybe it's time to cash in the chips for the day .........

Thanks Joel and Ralf!

Don

> Am Fre, 2003-02-07 um 19.29 schrieb Don:
> > In trying to rebuild my BSP for the PPC2A, I have run into a
problem
> > rebuilding RTMES.  It gets about halfway through the build and dies:
> >
> > configure: creating ./config.status
> > config.status: creating Makefile
> > config.status: creating size_rtems
> > configure: configuring in powerpc-rtems/c/make
> > configure: running /bin/sh '../../../../rtems-ss-
> > 20021118/c/make/configure' '--prefix=/opt/rtems'  '--host=powerpc-
> > rtems' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--target=powerpc-rtems' '--
disable-
> > posix' '--disable-cxx' '--enable-maintainer-mode' '--enable-
> > rtemsbsp=ppcn_60x' '--with-target-subdir=powerpc-rtems' '--exec-
> > prefix=/opt/rtems/powerpc-rtems' '--cache-file=/dev/null' '--
> > srcdir=../../../../rtems-ss-20021118/c/make'
> > checking for gmake... gmake
> > checking for RTEMS Version... ss-20021118
> > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-rtems
> > checking target system type... powerpc-unknown-rtems
> > checking rtems target cpu... powerpc
> > checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking for mawk... no
> > checking for gawk... gawk
> > checking whether gmake sets ${MAKE}... yes
> > checking for powerpc-rtems-strip... no
> > checking for strip... strip
> > checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles...