Why _ThreadProcessSignalsFromIrq() in new exception processing?

Mon Feb 10 17:58:02 UTC 2003

Valette Eric wrote:

> Valette Eric wrote:
>
> > BTW : the clearing of_ISR_Signals_to_thread_executing should be done
> > inside the _Thread_Dispatch to avoid errors like this one...
>
> Forget this : it is rather a bad idea as Thread_Dispatch is called from
> non ISR context...

Right.  Many ports actually have a label "_ISR_Thread_Dispatch" which is
the point to which _ISR_Handler returns when a onctext switch or signal
evaluation is needed.  The typical implementaiton of that pushes some
registers, calls _Thread_Dispatch, pops them and returns.  This way
there is a simple, single patch out of the ISR for all cases requiring
OS evaluation.