Powerpc IRQ handling breaks strict EABI compliance

Valette Eric eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Feb 11 09:37:44 UTC 2003

Sergei Organov wrote:

> What I want to tell is that using of SYSV ABI/EABI indeed makes code smaller
> and faster, so it'd be fine if PPC port of RTEMS starts to support it again
> (the old RTEMS 3.x code did support it, BTW).

This was the reason of my latest post : changing IRQ code not to scratch
R2 is indeed mandatory but have you any evidence of "faster and
smaller". I can understand smaller but not sure faster as you freeze one
machine registers. Can you point out part of asm and benchmark to see if
modifications are really worth?

--
    __
   /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr