addition of RTEMS configure options

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Feb 11 14:51:09 UTC 2003

Am Die, 2003-02-11 um 15.04 schrieb Salman:
> I'm having a bit of trouble implementing --enable-sci option into rtems.
Well, I am not sure what you are trying to do, but AFAIU you actually
want to a driver or similar to a family of BSPs or your BSP.

Therefore your question is hard to answer, because the answer depends on
what you actually want to do.

For now I assume you want to an optional "sci driver" to the pc386 BSP.

The standard procedure for this is

1. to copy your driver's code into a subdirectory of
c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/,
2. add a Makefile.am to this new directory.
3. reflect your changes to the corresponding configure.ac
(c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/configure.ac) and this BSP's main
Makefile.am (c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/Makefile.am)
4. Add appropriate configure options to the BSP's configure.ac.
5. reflect your changes to the BSP's wrapup/Makefile.am

For an example of such code, see the sh/gensh*/configure.ac or other
BSPs applying conditional configurations and the automake manual
(keyword AM_CONDITIONAL).

Ralf