The eCos, QNX, ChorusOs irq handling API

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Thu Feb 20 15:29:56 UTC 2003

Valette Eric <eric.valette at free.fr> writes:
> Sergei Organov wrote:
> > Valette Eric <eric.valette at free.fr> writes:
> >>I forgot : no provision for defining priorities among interrupts ...
>
> > What do you think is the purpose of 'cyg_priority_t priority' argument to
> > cyg_interrupt_create() then?
>
> May I ask how you intend to map a single numeric priority on a SIU/CPM tandem
> or OpenPIC/dual 8259 to speak just of PPC.

If part of general API is somehow not applicable to a given hardware, then
this part won't be implemented. BSPs should provide platform-specific API
(along with documentation!) *in addition* to the generic API if there is no
suitable support in the generic API for particular feature.

> On most modern processor with a single IRQ level, priorities are managed by
> masks automatically/manually applied when a IRQ occurs. Do you intent to
> stop all interrupts, recompute all the masks that need to be applied each
> time you connect a single interrupt? Priority management should be done at
> global level for all interrupts...

You are free to suggest additional/replacement general API routines that would
handle this as an alternative to suggested above platform-specific routines.

--
Sergei.