Building Tools

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Tue Feb 25 20:20:17 UTC 2003

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Eric Norum wrote:
>> The latest releases of OS X use bash as /bin/sh so this problem no
>> longer exists.  I have no problems building any of the GNU toolchain
>> or RTEMS on OS X.  For some examples on how to do this, see the
>> 'Infrastructure - Tools and Operating System' section of a tutorial I
>> wrote on using EPICS with RTEMS.  The document is at:
>> http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/modules/base/RTEMS/tutorial/
>>

> I have been using that tutorial.
> So do i need to download those two patches in install them?

Yes, the patches (gcc-3.2.1-rtems-20021209.diff,
newlib-1.11.0-rtems-20030120.diff) are necessary for OS X as well as for
Linux hosts.  It would be nice if the tools all came patch-free for
RTEMS but we're not quite there yet.

Eric Norum                                 norume at aps.anl.gov
Advanced Photon Source                     Phone: (630) 252-2793
Argonne National Laboratory