why is RTEMS_VERSION not set?

Valette Eric eric.valette at free.fr
Wed Feb 26 15:01:10 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill wrote:

> As a side note, I think it would be nice to have some
> cpp constants like RTEMS_VERSION_MAJOR, RTEMS_VERSION_MINOR or
> something that could be tested in conditional code. It has
> been disccused a few times over the years but never got to a
> concrete proposal that would be useful to applciations.

While I do not really care about RTEMS_VERSION, it is sometimes useful
for system to provide such information so that specific work around can
be developed for a particular version or incompatible API's... The fact
that the source is available does however make the problem less crucial
than on other binary only RTOS...

-- eric