RTEMS releases

Thu Feb 27 22:53:04 UTC 2003

Erwin Rol wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> what is the best version of RTEMS to use for production systems, when
> the project will take several months from now before it will be
> "production" ?

In general, all RTEMS snapshots are fairly stable.  Calling them
snapshots is a bit of a misnomer.  There is a standard set of
automated testing they must pass.  They are not cut unless nearly
all BSPs at least compile and some preferred BSP has been built
in about 64 combinations of enable/disable configuration settings.

My answer today is that I would start working off the 4.6 branch.
Only bug fixes and documentation improvments will be going into that.

For example, the httpd update will go on the trunk and there is
talk of adding a blocking message send to the Classic API.  Both
are post 4.6 activities.