RTEMS Multihoming Configuration

Jitendra Vegiraju jvegiraju at netscape.net
Thu Jan 2 21:57:04 UTC 2003

Michael J. Siers wrote:

> Hi Jitendra,
>
> Could you please give me a few details on how you got this working.
>
>> Does the RTEMS TCP/IP stack support multihoming (i.e. multiple IP
>> addresses for
>> a single physical ethernet adapter)?
>>
> I have tried this sometime ago. It worked for me for whatever little
> testing I did.
> -Jitendra Vegiraju

I have added support for SIOCAIFADDR and SIOCDIFADDR ioctl calls to
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig function.
We have submitted this RTEMS patch about three months back. It should be
in the latest snapshots.
Make sure that your snapshot has this support. Look in rtems_glue.c file
for rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig() function.

 From you application  initialize ifaliasreq data structure with your
interface information and  call  rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig(ifname,
SIOCAIFADDR, &ifra).
Hope this helps.
Jitendra Vegiraju