pc386 benchmark timer driver Re: Timers problem

Ilian Donev idonev at flairbase.com
Thu Jan 9 16:01:42 UTC 2003

Joel,

Thanks for the quick answer.

  >Does the file c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/timer/timer.c have versions of
the
  >function for both a pentium class CPU and a default 486 and below
version?

Yes, it has versions of the function for both Pentium and 386/486 CPUs. I
fixed the
problem by simply adding a "#define pentium" line in the corresponding
bsp.h. It's not a elegant solution, but it worked
fine for me since I'm testing only on pentium machines. I just can't figure
out why the pentium flag has not been set.

Regards,

Ian