Fw: FAT-FS HD write speed

Peter Mueller peter.o.mueller at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 15:33:02 UTC 2003

Hi Eugeny,

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:35:15 +0300 (MSK)
"Eugeny S. Mints" <Eugeny.Mints at oktet.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry, that I join the discussion just now :( I'll dig into this in a
> few nearest days, but right now I have the following questions:
>
> - what is the configuration you (both) use? dosfs+libblock+ ata driver?
>  if so, which ATA driver (currently there are two ATA implementations as
>  I understand)

Think so. I use the patches Thomas sent out a while ago. The ata driver I
use
is an adapted version of the one from Thomas (reflecting my hardware).
What is the difference between the two versions?

> - And how is you cache configured? (block size and number of blocks)

Here is what I have configured at application level:

#define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE
rtems_driver_address_table Device_drivers[] = {
  CONSOLE_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        CLOCK_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY,
        IDE_0_DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY
};

/* create 1 BDBUF pool with 100 buffers, 512 byte each */
rtems_bdbuf_config rtems_bdbuf_configuration[]= {
  {  512,100,NULL  }
};

int rtems_bdbuf_configuration_size = 1;

int rtems_bdbuf_configuration_size = 1;

rtems_filesystem_mount_table_entry_t *entry;
rtems_filesystem_operations_table *table;

rtems_harddisk_config rtems_harddisk_configuration[] = {
    {                 /* primary master */
      (rtems_signed8*)"/dev/hda",
      NULL
    },
    {                  /* primary slave (should be "/dev/hdb") */
      NULL,
      NULL
    },
    {
      NULL,          /* secondary master (should be "/dev/hdc") */
      NULL
    },
    {                  /* secondary slave (should be "/dev/hdd") */
      NULL,
      NULL
    }
}