Fw: FAT-FS HD write speed

Eugeny S. Mints Eugeny.Mints at oktet.ru
Mon Jan 13 12:24:00 UTC 2003

Hi, all!

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I must confess that I did not look into the code from Eugeny,
> but at least my driver works totally in polling mode, and I
> think this is a major issue concerning speed.

My ATA driver supports both poll and interrupt driven mode
and also supports multisector read/write BUT I'd like to pay
your attention to the fact that current libblock
implementation is hardcoded so, that you cann't take a
benefit of multisectors r/w :(

> > Hi Leon, Thomas, Eugeny,
> >
> > I'm a little bit confused now. What I got so far:
> > There are three different rtems implementations available for  ATA drives.
> >
> > 1) One from Thomas Doerfler
> > 2) One from Eugeny Mint
> > 3) One from  Leon Pollaks
> >
> > 1) and 2) seems to differ mainly in code organization (libchip vs bsp). 3)
> > is not integrated in
> > rtems and works like a "user space" ATA driver and provides basic
> > functionality (i.e. no subdirs etc.) but
> > seems to be very fast.
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> Yes.
>

> > Because I like to use 1) or 2) what are the real differences regarding
> > implementation? Are both solutions maintained?
>
> No, my solution is not available in the original source tree,
> and according to recent discussions it would be the better way
> to implement a proper driver based on Eugenys design.
>

> > - - the same libblock code?
> > - - the same fat12/16/32 code?

I'll devote this day to the issue and hope I'll get the
concrete speed for our architecture today.

Bw,
		Eugeny
--
Eugeny S. Mints