MVME 2400/2301/162/167 BSPs

Tue Jan 14 16:56:23 UTC 2003

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am new to RTEMS. I have downloaded ver 4.5.
> >
> > I also downloaded the bare BSP.
> >
> > I was hoping to find a BSP for MVME 2400/2301/162/167
> > BSPs. Preferably, MVME2400 and/or MVME162.
>
> There is sort of a universal motrola powerpc
> board BSP located at
>
> c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/motorola_powerpc/
>
> with some readme files. Maybe this is a starting
> point for you...

More than maybe. :)  The motorola_powerpc BSP has "aliases"
to support a wide variety of Motorola VMEbus, CompactPCI,
and PowerPC motherboards.  The current aliases which are
known are mvme2307, mcp750, and mtx603e.

The mvme2307 BSP alias has been reported to work on most
the mvme230x series so I would suspect it will just work
on the mvme240x.  Hopefully someone on the list can confirm this.

I recall Greg Menke reporting the the mtx603e BSP variant would
actually work on his mcp750 as well.