MVME 2400/2301/162/167 BSPs

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 14 19:52:54 UTC 2003

Joel Sherrill writes:

 > Thomas Doerfler wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > > Hello,
 > > >
 > > > I am new to RTEMS. I have downloaded ver 4.5.
 > > >
 > > > I also downloaded the bare BSP.
 > > >
 > > > I was hoping to find a BSP for MVME 2400/2301/162/167
 > > > BSPs. Preferably, MVME2400 and/or MVME162.
 > >
 > > There is sort of a universal motrola powerpc
 > > board BSP located at
 > >
 > > c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/motorola_powerpc/
 > >
 > > with some readme files. Maybe this is a starting
 > > point for you...
 >
 > More than maybe. :)  The motorola_powerpc BSP has "aliases"
 > to support a wide variety of Motorola VMEbus, CompactPCI,
 > and PowerPC motherboards.  The current aliases which are
 > known are mvme2307, mcp750, and mtx603e.
 >
 > The mvme2307 BSP alias has been reported to work on most
 > the mvme230x series so I would suspect it will just work
 > on the mvme240x.  Hopefully someone on the list can confirm this.
 >
 > I recall Greg Menke reporting the the mtx603e BSP variant would
 > actually work on his mcp750 as well.

The motorola_powerpc shared bsp is fairly general.  The
board/processor specific stuff is handled by #ifdef's.  If the chipset
on the board is more or less supported by the existing code, a
nominally functional bsp should be easy to implement.  If not, it will
require adding definitions and code to support the alternate hardware.

Gregm