TECLA configure questions

M.C.Shao ShaoMingchao97 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Jan 23 14:31:06 UTC 2003

From: Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de>

I download it from ftp://www.oarcorp.com as a whole addon-packages 20030120.

> If you've downloaded them from OAR, then there should be some kind of
> README or install instruction accompanying them, documenting how to
> configure the package. If you can't find a such kind of document, file a
> bug report into RTEMS bug tracking system at
> http://www.oarcorp.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl

There are README and INSTALL file, but they are original file before proting to
rtems. That is to say, the library is proted to rtems, but the file not updated.
So I could find any messages about cross compiling in them. :(

> I don't know libtecla, so I can't comment on it, but basically, there
> exist several principles to configure a package for cross compilation,
> example
>
> 1. Package applies --target
> configure --target=<target>
>
> [Typically only found in complex packages consisting of several
> sub-packages; Examples: rtems, gcc, binutils, newlib]
>
> 2. Package supports cross compilation (eg. rtems/cpukit/configure)
> configure --build=<host> --host=<target>
>
> [This is the working principle all newer autoconf-based packages and
> some older autoconf-based packages apply.]
>
> 3. Package supports native compilation only:
> CC=<target>-gcc ./configure
>
> [This is the working principle, applied by older autoconf-based
> configurations]
>
> This already might seem utterly complex (It actually isn't, it's only
> confusing when being new to it), there exist several packages with
> broken configure scripts, which require a wild mixture of this kind of
> option passing and additional tricks.
>
> IIRC; both readline and ncurses fall into this category, but this should
> be documented somewhere inside of the packages at OAR.

I have tried these three methods and their mixture, but none would let me use the
library.Many errors,such as "undefined refference to stderr", would appear when
link application with this library.

And libtecla is in the same addon-packages with readline and ncurses.

> > checking for ranlib... ranlib
> This should be i386-rtems-ranlib

yes, but how could I configure to correct this?

> > checking host system type... i386-pc-rtems
> > checking target system type... i386-pc-rtems
> > checking build system type... i386-pc-rtems
> This definitely is not correct, but helping would require to me to know
> the source-code.

My addon-packages soure code is downloaded from:
ftp://www.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/
Named as "rtems-addon-packages-20030120.tar.bz2".