newlib patches

Fri Jan 31 17:01:15 UTC 2003

Jerry Needell wrote:

> In the cd-working tree for the newlib sources there are two patch files
> to  be applied to newlib-1.11.0  20030120 and 20030120a. How should they
> be applied?

The non-a version had some junk files in it that were not supposed to
be there.  The "a" version is technically the same without the junk
files.

We would normally have rebuilt RPMs for a release in this scenario to
be absolutely correct but Eric Norum spotted a patch to signal.h that
he submitted that did not make it into 1.11.0 so we were waiting to
get that in and spin new RPMs.

FYI gcc 3.2.2 is just around the corner and requires virtually no
RTEMS patches.  The only required patch is a 1 liner from Eric Norum
that we can't get a resolution on with the libstdc++ folks.