makefiles and CVS

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Jan 24 13:30:39 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 14:01, Salman wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have a package here, which has its own makefile, and provides a single
> object file, which should be loaded as module into the linux kernel.
>
> Now, i've modified the code to load into rtems, and it should be placed
> in /libbsp/i386/pc386 directory. but i'm confused regarding Makefiles.
>
> RTEMS doc, states Makefile.in are the only makefiles required and the
> configure script generates other makefiles from this. Can anyone suggest
> how can I go about extracting Makefile.in files out of exisitng
> Makefiles?
No way. You need to manually write a Makefile.in or better (much easier)
write a Makefile.am.

Alternatively you can try to modify the linux-Makefile to to fit into
RTEMS source-tree. Something I would strongly discourage you from,
because IMNSHO, the Linux' kernel Makefiles are not really worth looking
into, to put it politely ;)]

> I am now starting to modify rtems code as well, and would like to do
> this with aid of CVS, but when importing source files, it neglects
> Makefiles and configure scripts, has anyone experienced this problem
> before?
.
http://www.oarcorp.com/rtemsdoc-current/html/FAQ/FAQ00052.html

Ralf