Clock and Hardware Timer usage

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Jul 1 12:11:02 UTC 2003

Hello.
	I am not sure that I understood all you wanted to say correctly. Here is what
I think you want to do and how I suppose you may do this...:-)))
	If you do have only one timer in your system, you may modify the timer
interrupt routine in the way you like. In particular, you may reinitialize
the timer in the interrupt to give the next interrupt in 5ms and not in 10.
	To preserve still correct TOD counting you need simply to write some logic
which will call click() only when really 10ms (or what you have defined) have
passed.
	In the above example call click() on each second interrupt, till you will not
reinitialize the timer to 10ms interrupts back.
	Is this what you are looking for?

--
Dr.Leon M.Pollak
Director