Linker scripts & _init, _fini

Derick Hammond derick at perkinstechnologies.com.au
Tue Jul 15 23:17:42 UTC 2003

Hi Aaron:

Funny thing when you start to discuss a problem you generally find the
problem while you are trying to explain it to someone else.

When I was reading my own post I saw that in the GROUP section of the
linker script I had:

GROUP
(
   crti.o
   crtbegin.o
   crtn.o
   crtend.o
.
.
.

If I change this to:

GROUP
(
   crti.o
   crtbegin.o
   crtend.o
   crtn.o
.
.
.

Then I get what I would have expected for the _init code section:

fff15fd0 <_init>:
fff15fd0:       4e56 0000       linkw %fp,#0
fff15fd4:       4eb9 fff0 0ac6  jsr fff00ac6 <frame_dummy>
fff15fda:       4eb9 fff0 0b0c  jsr fff00b0c <__do_global_ctors_aux>
fff15fe0:       4e5e            unlk %fp
fff15fe2:       4e75            rts

Looks like it was a trap for young players.  :)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Derick Hammond