Flash Filesystems

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Wed Jul 16 19:49:40 UTC 2003

Hello Derick,

I have implemented ATA drivers for the pc386 and
the mbx8xx BSP. I have tested both with Compact
Flash cards. They worked rather straight forward,
and the code is included in the current source
tree of RTEMS (under lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/ide and
lib/libbsp/powerpc/mbx8xx/ide).

Implementing a real "Flash File System" on raw
devices might be a bit more difficult.

wkr,
	Thomas Doerfler.

> Hello All:
>
> I need to implement a file-system on both an Intel StrataFlash device and
> also a SanDisk CompactFlash device.
>
> I am wondering if there are any good examples of similar implementations in
> the current RTEMS code base.  If there are can someone give me a hint to
> where they are?
>
> I presume I will be able to use the ATA driver for the CompactFlash
> device.  Has anyone tried this in the past?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Derick Hammond

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany