GNAT/RTEMS possible bugs.

Per Dalgas Jakobsen pdj at maridan.dk
Thu Jul 17 14:27:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

In my quest to get a working GNAT/RTEMS development host, I have come across some possible bugs.

Bug candidate #1 - RTEMS:
In rtems.adb and rtems.ads the procedure IO_Lookup_Name parameter modes seems to be wrong
rtems.ad[bs]:
    procedure IO_Lookup_Name (
       Name         : in     String;
       Device_Info  : in     RTEMS.Driver_Name_t_Pointer;
       Result       :    out RTEMS.Status_Codes
    )
Shouldn't "Device_Info" have mode "out" ?

Bug candidate #2 - GCC/GNAT:
In gcc/ada/adaint.c I think the define "HOST_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX" should be replaced with "TARGET_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX".
(likewise with the HOST_OBJECT_SUFFIX -> TARGET_OBJECT_SUFFIX).
As far as I understand, this is a part of the gnat compiler, and I think that the generated files should adhere to the targets file-convention rather than the hosts convention?

Best regards
Per

PS: Sorry for the footer - I have asked our IT guys to make it possible to remove it...

---
IMPORTANT
The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by e-mail or telephone.
Thank you in advance.
---