new RTEMS user

Ed Sutter els at emailbox.hdtv.lucent.com
Fri Jul 25 17:09:26 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> You are misinterpreting --program-prefix.
>
> --program-prefix is the "program-prefix" to be used to prefix programs
> when installing them. In general, for example, configuring a package
> with --program-prefix=foo- will cause a program "prog" to be installed
> as "foo-prog".

Hmmm...
Yesterday I downloaded 4.5.0 and used --program-prefix=ppc-elf-
and it seemed to do what I thought it should do (the build failed
for other reasons, but that was after several ppc-elf-gcc executions
ran successfully). Plus, I used the same option for configure with the
NetSNMP project a few weeks ago and that did what I expected.
I'm not real familiar with "configure" so, am I confused?

Ed