autotool question: script permissions

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Jul 11 23:13:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 19:50, Till Straumann wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I notice that the 'install-if-change' script (in tools/build)
> which is generated during the build process gets installed without
> the execution permission bits set. (644 instead of 755)
Looks like a bug in automake to me ... I'll investigate.

>   - what needs to be changed to correct that?
3 possibilities:

1. Don't use install-if-change (It's not used by the RTEMS source tree
and it's general usefulness is arguable).

2. As a temporary work-around, you can change this fragment at the end
of tools/configure.ac

AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
install-if-change
])

into
AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([install-if-change],[chmod a+x install-if-change])

3. Change the protections manually.

Ralf