Beginner in RTEMS - Please Help

Aditya avpenu at essex.ac.uk
Fri Jul 25 15:50:54 UTC 2003

Dear Rtems Users,

Im a beginner using RTEMS on a Linux OS based Pentium 3 Host and a 386ex
board with a flash memory on it. I need to put RTEMS in the Flash memory
to boot the board and use its ethernet capabilities (i need to write
drivers for that purpose).

Im presently building RTEMS using the help file "getting started with
RTEMS for C/C++ users."

As given in the document i have Installed the RPM's for BINUTILS,GCC and
GDB.

I have also created the directories archive and tools...

I have also unarchived the RTEMS source in the tools directory.

I have also added the executable path using "export PATH" command and
verified the operation of the cross toolset.

I have som errors as follows after i make the "build-rtems" directory
and run configure in that directory.

$../rtems-4.5.0/configure --target=i386 --disable-posix --disable-tcpip
--disable-cxx --enablertemsbsp="i386-rtems" --prefix=/opt/rtems
**** the last part is the basic gcc and gdb installation path *****

I get some messages and at the last i get..

$configure: error: ../../../rtems-4.5.0/c/configure failed for c

after that i tried

$make all install

I get at the end...

make[1]:***no rule to make target 'all'. stop.
make:***[all-recursive] Error 1

$

Could you please tell me what these errors are and how to correct them.

If anyone could also tell me how do i go about Porting RTEMS for my
board with Flash memory ( i use a flash programmer to program the
flash.) ......It would be very helpful.

Thanking You very Much

ADITYA (University of Essex UK).