new RTEMS user

Ed Sutter els at emailbox.hdtv.lucent.com
Fri Jul 25 16:35:10 UTC 2003

Hi,
I'm brand new to RTEMS.  I'd like to try it out on a PPC405
board I have.  I just downloaded rtems-4.6.0pre4 and ran
configure with the following options...

   --target=powerpc-rtems --disable-itron --program-prefix=ppc-elf-

I'm hoping to be able to build RTEMS using the CYGWIN X-TOOLS package
from MicroCross, that's why I add the --program-prefix=ppc-elf-.
Anyway, the "configure" ran through successfully, but when I ran
make RTEMS_BSP="gen405" it very quickly told me it could not find
"powerpc-rtems-gcc".  I thought that the "--program-prefix=ppc-elf-"
would deal with this.  Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks
Ed Sutter