MVME167

Eric Norum norume at aps.anl.gov
Sun Jun 1 23:35:09 UTC 2003

I'm looking for people who have experience running RTEMS on the
Motorola MVME167 card.  I'm trying to run EPICS (Experimental Physics
and Industrial Control System) with RTEMS on this card but I'm not
having much luck.  Something seems to corrupt memory after several
minutes of operation.  The stack checker reports that the IDLE task has
blown its stack although this seems unlikely to me, given that I've
tried giving as much as 80 kbytes to the IDLE task!   My suspicion is
that the network driver or tty driver are misbehaving and writing
garbage into the system workspace but I've got no real way to check
this (I *really* wish that the 68040 had watchpoint registers like the
68360).   I have had to make some modifications to the BSP to get it to
work on a system booted from vxWorks PROMS rather than 167-BUG, but as
far as I can tell these changes should not affect the operation of the
system once it's running.
If there's anyone out there using these antiques with a large RTEMS
application (successfully!) I'd like to here from you.
Thanks,
--
Eric Norum <norume at aps.anl.gov>
Advanced Photon Source