How to add new BSP

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Jun 4 07:24:36 UTC 2003

Am Mit, 2003-06-04 um 08.11 schrieb silverio.di at qem.it:
> Hi to all,
> after a long time I try to create a BSP for my new CARD (with SH7045F)
> and I've called it gensh2a for ../lib/libbsp/sh/gensh2a.
>
> Unfortunately I isn't able to understand what are the right steps to
> introduce a new BSP in the rtems toolchain, in other words I've done
> the new files but how I can said to rtems make that is available a
> new BSP ?
Do I understand correctly? You add a BSP without having added files
elsewhere?

Then, this is supposed to work with rtems > 4.5:

1. Add a make/custom/gensh2a.cfg to the source-tree.
2. Copy your bsp's code to c/src/lib/libbsp/sh/gensh2a
3. cd c/src/lib/libbsp/sh
../../../../../bootstrap

Done ;-)

Now, building RTEMS should report your BSP like all other BSPs.

Please also compare your BSP's configure.ac to other BSP's
configure.ac's to make sure the required configuration-infrastructure is
contained in your BSP's configure.ac.

>  How to create or modify the support files for automake, etc....

Cf. above.

BTW: I wouldn't use the name gensh2a for a custom BSP, because "gensh"
is meant to mean "generic SH2", describing a general, generic, more or
less templated BSP, and not a custom BSP.

Ralf