ethernet not working

Jack Cawkwell J.Cawkwell at open.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 19:14:54 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am having problems running the netdemo program, the program runs and
appears to display sensibly, and responds to commands at the keyboard.
But no packets appear to go in or out of the targets ethernet, which I am
monitoring on the host with ethereal. I have set up serial debugging with
gdb,
and sendmsg() is called, but I see no packets on the ethernet.

The PCI ethernet card is a realtek (rtl 8029, ne2000). I set this
appropriately in c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/include/bsp.h . There are no
error messages on boot up. Also I have set the IP address and mask
appropriately. Host and target are i386 pc104.

I am booting over ethernet from Linux using dhcp/etherboot, so the ethernet
hardware is working.

Rtems was built with the following config

../rtems-4.6.0pre3/configure\
  --build=i386 \
  --enable-cxx \
  --enable-maintainer-mode \
  --enable-networking \
  --enable-posix \
  --enable-rdbg \
  --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 \
  --enable-tests \
  --prefix=/opt/rtems \
  --program-prefix=i386-rtems- \
  --target=i386-rtems \

I have patched rtems4.6.0pre1 to pre3 and downloaded installed the relevant
new rpm's.

Any hints on what to do next?

Jack