question of telnet daemon

Fernando RUIZ correo at fernando-ruiz.com
Wed Mar 5 08:24:46 UTC 2003

"jeab" wrote:

> 	Thank you for your answer.
> 	To patch, Where can i find patch file ??
>
> 	I trying www.rtems.com site, but they ask userid,password.
>
> 	thanks.
>
> †Ûiÿù+¦-¢Ìš†Š
¢oá¶Úý«­¢Ìš†Š
¢Jÿjëh³

Hi,

   After install the lastest snapshot you can find all the sources for telnetd in libmisc/. And
shell at shell/ too.

   The telnet version is a very poor implementation to give a remote console for several users
simultaneously like linux console environment.

   You need to setup the networking and after this to call to rtems_telnetd() daemon.

   The telnetd daemon calls to shell() to give a command line prompt.
   Two users are valid 'root' and 'user' with root privileges and user privileges. No password
required.

   You can browse the rtems_telnetd() sources in order to add new shell commands at your project.

   All the rtems_monitor commands are wrapped giving a path to spy the rtems kernel status.
   Tasks, memory and more...
   Adding rtems_telnetd() at your application you have automaticaly ip status, tcp status, route
status, etc... Nothig is necesary to add this. Only call rtems_telnetd().

   You can call shell() directly giving a '/dev/chardevice' termios compatible device.   The
/dev/ttyS0 for the pc386 bsp is a good example.
 With this you can inspect the rtems status without tcp enabled.

   I have made an example to start the ftpd or telnetd at demand after a serial console prompt.

   With this I have could inspect all the rtems internal status before the tcp/ip stack start.
   Very cool to learn the rtems tricks.

   Don't hesitate to ask me any question. I am not a tcp/ip expert but I am a rtems user with some
experience in this concern.

   Till Stauman has worked very hard to give a telnetd interface like standards demand.
   He has a very powerfull shell. You can find it at the contributions directory.

   BRDS

   Fernando RUIZ

(Sorry but my English isn't so good, My spanish is better)