question on erc32 simulator

Fabrizio Sebastiani sebastiani at nergal.it
Wed Mar 5 11:10:37 UTC 2003

Im working on a sparc-rtems crosscompiling under linux/ia32
for the ERC32 architecture.

The simulator (sis command) works fine with gdb (dddx command), but I
have the problem to make
it works correctly: because i have not the real hardware i need to
simulate in some way the stimulation coming from the external world
(buses, interrupts,memory mapped periferals). It would be enough for me
to be able to write in some memory location of the simulated
environment, in some elegant way.

I think about 2 ways at the moment:

1) add a special task that write in some way at specified periferal
memory mapped-address

2) try to add network capability (but, does it work in the simulator?)
that is able to get data acquisition from a socket for example

Which way looks nice? Maybe some alternative?

Tnks for feed back to me

--
Fabrizio Sebastiani <sebastiani at nergal.it>
http://www.nergal.it